The Blog

...................................

Friday, March 5, 2010

Im outta here!

I am way excited to be going down to Vegas to WPPI! If some of you don't know what it is.. It is the once a year photography convention that is full of days and days of classes (Wedding and Portrait Photographers International)!
Learning!!
I am really looking forward to it. A lot of photographers that I really look up to will be there and are going to teach classes. Oh happy day!I hope to come back fully charged and ready to get back into shooting full force!
But a little update.. As most of my clients know I took a little time off to enjoy the holidays with my family.I have enjoyed this time so much! I feel like I have been a better mom and wife. But.... having this time off has made me realize a few things...
1- It hurts my heart to turn clients away and
2- How much I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE photography!!
I find myself aching to get out there and shoot SOMETHING! And if there is a blizzard outside and I cant,.. it makes me so sad. I think to myself, 'No Ashley, you need this time off to not think about photography.' (remember my post a while ago when I was so busy and trying to find balance..?), But now,.. I have figured out I NEED to think about photography! I eat sleep and breathe it! It truly makes me happy to create! I find myself sad if I am not constantly trying to be better. So even though my shutter hasn't been snapping away as much these few months I haven't stopped. Besides taking better care of my family, I have been taking classes, going to conventions, reading and on and on. I feel like this year will be my best yet. Never stop growing and learning!!!
Our little family is in the process of building a new home and I am excited to have a new studio there along with a client room for session portrait viewings. I hope to be back in the swing of things in the middle of April. Until then I will still be booking and shooting sessions.
I am also so excited about my seniors this year! I have some fabulous reps. I will only be taking a limited amount this year and the spots fill up fast so book your high school senior session NOW!
Alright, alright.. I have got a million ideas running through my head of different things to do this year. I am offering new products, new packages, and new creative ideas! How cool is that!!!
So as for now I am off to Vegas baby! I will return all emails when I return. Stay tuned for some new projects coming up for Spring!
These are going to be good!
Until then feast your eyes on this cutie!!!
Happy Weekend!


2 comments:

Anonymous March 5, 2010 at 7:49 PM  

Have fun at WPPI. I haven't been for 2 years now and can't wait to go back! :-)

crave photography March 6, 2010 at 12:37 AM  

Soooo jealous! Have fun!!

Post a Comment