The Blog

...................................

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Friends of Korbin donation....


My heart has been aching today. I have been thinking of my sweet little cousin. (Well my cousins little guy) He was diagnosed with Cancer not too long ago. As I sit here thanking my heavenly father for all the blessing I have, and my healthy kids, I wonder if there is anything I can do in this situation.
So...
I have decided I am going to auction off a photography session and a 16x20 standout mount, float wrap mount or foamboard mounted portrait! The session is a 90 minute on location or in home session. All proceeds will go directly to the McEwan family.
I will be starting out the bidding at $150 ( This is a 185 value!!)
This is going to a great family.
Thank you to everyone who has helped so much already!!
To bid just leave a comment with your bid and contact info ( if I dont already have it.)
I will close the bidding on Thursday the 25. That is 7 days people! So spread the word!!

Here is what is on the facebook page of "friends of Korbin"

On Tuesday March 2, 2010 our dear friends took their 7 year old son into the doctor for what they thought was a common childhood illness. Over the time period of one day their son had experienced stomach aches, vomiting, and a slight fever. The doctor told them to watch him closely for a couple days, and bring him back into the office if his condition had not improved by then. Nothing out of the ordinary, right? The next day, Korbin attended school as he had told his mom that he was feeling better. By midday the school had called his mom, told her that he wasn’t feeling well and that she should come pick him up. The next afternoon they returned to the doctor, as his conditions had worsened. After taking blood tests, the doctor informed them that their son was extremely ill and needed to be taken to Primary Children’s Hospital immediately. Once they arrived at Primary Children’s more tests were ran throughout the night, by noon the next day the doctor diagnosed their son with Burkitts Lymphoma cancer, a very fast growing cancer, affecting both his liver and bone marrow. Korbin began chemotherapy at Primary Children’s last Saturday.
Can you imagine having what you thought was a perfectly healthy child one day, turn into a parents worst fear within a matter of hours? Life is precious, it’s scary to think how fast it can change in no time at all. This family is no different than yours or ours, tragedy can happen to anyone at any given time.
At this time we would like to ask for your help in this wonderful families behalf, whether it be $1, $5, $10, or just a simple prayer for Korbin’s recovery, anything will help. Not only will this family have an excessive amount of medical bills, but their income has been reduced as the mother is spending every possible hour she can get with her son. Korbin’s father has already had to return back to work in order to pay bills and support his family, just like the rest of us our trying to do. (when he would much rather be spending this precious time with his son)
A fund has been set up for donations at Bank Of American Fork. You may make donations to the “Korbin McEwan Fund” at any branch or by mail. Any thought, prayer or donation is greatly appreciated at this time.

Thank you for all your love and support,
Friends of Korbin


This session can be used anytime during the 2010 year. Please let my know if you have any questions.
Also, If you want to bid anonymously to the public, you can send me an email with your info and I can put in an anonymous bid. Thanks!

4 comments:

Chaotic Monarchy March 18, 2010 at 2:54 PM  

I'll start the bidding at 150$.

Ashley March 18, 2010 at 7:32 PM  

Another bid came in via Email for $165

Anonymous March 18, 2010 at 9:09 PM  

Scott Smock
Bid:$175

Amanda Hansen March 23, 2010 at 9:07 AM  

I want to bid!! I'll bid $220.00
Thanks Ashley!

Post a Comment