The Blog

...................................

Monday, November 8, 2010

Before and After....

I thought I would post a little before and after to show the huge difference editing makes in an image.
I always love when I see other photographers do this and share tips and tricks.

This was shot with my 24-70 mm lens zoomed all the way to 70mm. f 2.8 and 1/500th of a second. ISO 200 in RAW
Here is a before shot. 
I shot this in a pretty safe open shade with a little bit of light coming around the corner of the building. I wanted to give her a little bit of a hair light and make my colors a bit more dramatic.


And her is the after. I popped my colors a bit with a soft light layer and a multiply layer. I also gave more a direct light coming around the corner of the building with dodging and burning. (dodging where light was already falling and burning the shadows even more)


3 comments:

Amanda November 8, 2010 at 3:35 PM  

So amazing! You have such talent. I would love to learn.

Angela November 8, 2010 at 4:55 PM  

Ashley you can't give away all your secrets! ;) HAHA! That picture looks amazing you are very, very talented. Thanks for the tutorial!

Suzanna Higginson November 8, 2010 at 11:03 PM  

I love it Ashley. I thought the before was beautiful but the after WOW!

Post a Comment