The Blog

...................................

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

One light...

Sometimes I get asked how I get certain images, so Today I tried to tackle something I have been reading about and answer a few questions as I went. (Keep in mind I am not an expert)
Now this was a little harder than what I thought cuz I dont want it to look like there is this big spot light on him or tons of shadows. But bad lighting or good, I like these because of my adorable subject.

Photobucket

On this one (below)I used the one main light a little to the right of me, and I bounced back I smiggin' of light on the other side with my handy dandy reflector. These are the technical terms people!!
When I am working with my lights, I have to keep my shutter speed at 1/200 this eliminates 'shutter drag' (another Ashley Term), where the shutter speed is so fast you can see the shutter planes in your image. And I like to have my aperture open as wide as it can go so usually turn my lights way down to the lowest setting.

Photobucket



Photobucket


This is more of what I was going for with the shadows on the side of his face.

Photobucket

Photobucket
These ones I combined some strobe light with some natural light coming in through the window.
Photobucket


And a little strange but I LOVE this one of him grabbing his bear.
Photobucket
How can this not make you happy?
Photobucket
It may not be the 'right' way to do it but it works for me. Did I answer any questions, or just confuse? Let me know.

2 comments:

strickland party of six March 17, 2009 at 6:10 PM  

Ashley I love it. he is so cute i love the one with the teddy bear and his hand good job. btw i am really looking into starting something up here because nobody does it and i might need some help with a few things are you intersted in helping me? [I am trying to get a new camera and props lined up first and some people to pratice on.

Hansen's March 20, 2009 at 7:58 AM  

Oh Drew bug!! He is super cute!! Those are good pics Ash! You confused me on what you was doing, but the pics turned out real good!

Post a Comment