The Blog

...................................

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

In need of some opinions!!!

O.k. people....So,  I have this 3 day photography convention coming up in September. I can submit up to 4 images into their print competition. If I do well I could get a scholarship to do more schooling. Which I would love!!!

Here are a few I pulled up and are maybe considering. I need to know what everyone thinks. Which one do you like and why. Which one or ones are "no way" 
So, if you are reading this blog....comment! and let me know what you think. (If you don't want me to know who you are.. comment anonymous.)
Thanks! I appreciate any feedback good or bad!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I have to put a title to them too. What is something that the image Screams when you first see it?

11 comments:

Anonymous August 13, 2008 at 1:37 PM  

I like the second picture down. It screams Young Love.
I also like the girl with the curly hair that is covering her face with her hands. Not sure on a title for that one.

Anonymous August 14, 2008 at 11:30 AM  

The little girl kissing the boy may have a bit too much clutter in the background (like telephone polls etc)....just a thought. They are all beautiful though.

Ashley August 15, 2008 at 10:44 AM  

Yes thank you. The one with the girl kissing DOES have too much clutter. See, I need someone to tell me that. I look at them so much that...yah I don't see stuff. Anyways thanks!

Anonymous August 15, 2008 at 3:53 PM  

I think your work is really good and you can enter them all and feel proud of it. Love looking at your photographs.

Regards,
Gezina Sahw-Butler

Anonymous August 20, 2008 at 3:21 PM  

I like the 2nd, 3rd and last pics, because they seem very genuine.

Haley Warner August 20, 2008 at 7:52 PM  

Ashley, I LOVE the last photo..everything about it.. the editing, the composition, the lighting.. it's awesome!

Anonymous August 21, 2008 at 6:38 AM  

My vote is for #6. I love her sweetness in that image & your DOF! Good luck!

Amanda August 21, 2008 at 9:14 PM  

I love the girl with the curls laughing and the last one. Im proud of you Ashley, you know how I feel about those print competitions. Im not brave enough to even attempt one.

Josh & Kenz August 23, 2008 at 1:16 PM  

You are so awesome Ashley. I think # 1 is the funnest. It shows her personality so well in that photo. But I love, love # 6. The picture just looks soft and pretty. It might look cool in vintage also. Good luck!

Ashley August 28, 2008 at 1:29 AM  

awesome people! Thank you so much for the feedback!!! I am going to go with the girl with the curls and the last one. I hope the judges don't tell me how bad I suck. I am kindof nervous. But anyways... thanks again!!!

Anonymous September 6, 2008 at 12:47 PM  

ashley, this is harmonie,
i think you should do the 2nd and the one with the purse in the wedding dress. I also love the blue brick in the wedding dress. thats the blue i was talking about. Anyway. you ROCK. I love you work. can't wait to see my pictures. I have tutus ready for you. hope you do well. P.S. i hope its not to late for my vote.

Post a Comment